Cognition hubs with Axial Clutch technology reduce drag by disengaging the ratchet mechanism when coasting. The new generation of our Axial Clutch uses Sylomer (an advanced material used in a variety of hi-tech industries) to create a wave spring that re-engages the rings when the rider starts pedaling. The new system is simpler, hence more durable. It is also quicker with 54 points of engagement and reduces overall friction for a smoother ride.
Articles in this section
- What is the new spring system in the updated Cognition rear hub?
- Can the new Axial Clutch V2 be retrofitted to a current Cognition hub?
- What are the benefits of the new hub vs. the old Cognition hub?
- How many points of engagement does the Zipp Cognition V2 rear hub have?
- Is the Cognition disc hub 6 bolt or Center Lock interface?
- What hub does the current NSW wheelsets use?