Yes. By creating a wider tire bead interface in relation to the outside rim width, we can offer a more aero rim-to-tire transition. A wider tire bead interface also allows for a wider tire, which allows for lower tire pressure. Lowering tire pressure can increase overall system efficiency, reduce rider fatigue, and offers better handling in rough conditions. A wider rim shape paired with a wider tire promotes less rolling tire deflection, resulting in lower rolling resistance.
Is a wider tire with lower pressure faster?
- What are the tire pressure recommendations for my Zipp wheel?
- What tubeless tires are compatible with Zipp hookless rims?
- What are the tire size limitations for my Zipp wheel?
- Are Vittoria Air-Liner tire inserts compatible with Zipp hookless rims?
- What tires are compatible with Zipp 303, 404, and 808 Firecrest hookless rims?