There are two layers of required rim tape. One layer of narrow nylon rim tape that only covers the channel of the rim where the spoke nipples sit. This nylon tape material is the same type of non-adhesive tape commonly found on non-tubeless OE box section wheels. The second layer of tape should be an airtight tubeless-specific tape. Thinner tapes such as the Zipp tape used on complete 3ZERO MOTO wheels should wrap around the rim twice. Zipp branded tape is not required but can be purchased aftermarket. Tubeless tape needs to be 32mm wide.
Articles in this section
- What do the lights on TyreWiz mean?
- Can I use any type of tire sidewall casing?
- What tire widths are recommended for the 3ZERO MOTO?
- What prevents the spoke nipples from poking through the tape on Zipp 3ZERO MOTO rims?
- What type of rim tape is required for Zipp 3ZERO MOTO rims?
- Can I remove TyreWiz from my Zipp 3ZERO MOTO during a ride if I need to install a tube?
- Is it safe to use tire levers when installing tires on Zipp 3ZERO MOTO wheels?
- Can I use Zipp 3ZERO MOTO wheels on an DH bike?