The rule of 105 is based on the aerodynamic efficiency of tire size. The rule of 105 does not take into account the speed gains from a wider tire at lower tire pressures. To explain further, the aerodynamic cost of a wider tire (say 25c to 28c) is lower than the savings you see in rolling resistance, so if you want to be faster, ride a 28c tire.
What about tire size and the rule of 105?
- What tires are compatible with Zipp 303, 404, and 808 Firecrest hookless rims?
- What tubeless tires are compatible with Zipp hookless rims?
- Is a wider tire with lower pressure faster?
- What happens once I bring the product to an authorized dealer and request a warranty replacement?
- The new Zipp 858 NSW and 808 Firecrest disc brake wheels have a tubeless profile with hookless, straight sides. Do you have a list of tires that are compatible?