Cognition hubs with Axial Clutch technology reduce drag by disengaging the ratchet mechanism when coasting. The new generation of our Axial Clutch in the Cognition V2 hub uses Sylomer (an advanced material used in various hi-tech industries) to create a wave spring that re-engages the rings when the rider starts pedaling. The new system is simpler, hence more durable. It is also quicker with 54 points of engagement and reduces overall friction for a more efficient ride.
Articles in this section
- What is the maximum tire pressure for the Zipp 858 NSW Tubeless disc brake wheel?
- What is the minimum tire width for Zipp 858 NSW wheel?
- What model spokes and nipples are used in the Zipp 858 NSW wheelset?
- What are the overall dimensions of the Zipp 858 NSW hookless disc brake rim?
- Is the Cognition V2 disc brake hub 6-bolt or Centerlock interface?
- How many points of engagement does the Zipp Cognition V2 rear hub have?
- What are the benefits of the new Zipp Cognition V2 hub vs. the original Cognition hub?
- Can the new Zipp Axial Clutch V2 be retrofitted to a current Cognition hub?
- What spring clutch does the new Cognition rear hub use?
- What hub does the Zipp 858 NSW disc brake wheelset use?