Zipp is currently involved with international committees, such as ETRTO and ISO. As of 2019, ETRTO recognizes hookless rims for bicycles as safe and approved. The specific dimensions for hookless rims are published, and Zipp rims are fully compliant. As a result, all tubeless or tubeless-ready tires that comply with ETRTO and ISO are compatible and safe to use with Zipp 808 and 858 NSW wheels. Zipp offers a list of the brands who have confirmed compatibility here. Brands that are not included may still be used, however compatibility should be verified with the tire manufacturer.
Articles in this section
- What is the warranty coverage for Zipp wheels?
- What is the minimum tire pressure for the Zipp 808 Firecrest or 858 NSW wheel?
- What is the recommended tire pressure to use for the Zipp 858 NSW or 808 Firecrest disc brake Tubeless wheel for my riding weight in PSI?
- What about tire size and the rule of 105?
- The new Zipp 858 NSW and 808 Firecrest disc brake wheels have a tubeless profile with hookless, straight sides. Do you have a list of tires that are compatible?
- Is the Zipp 808 Firecrest or 858 NSW offered in 650b?
- Do the Zipp 808 Firecrest and 858 NSW wheels ship with tubeless rim tape installed?
- What model spokes and nipples are used in the Zipp 808 Tubeless disc brake wheelset?
- What are the overall dimensions of the Zipp 808 Firecrest hookless disc brake rim?
- How many points of engagement does the Zipp ZR1 hub rear hub have?